Re: Alternative Cert.

    Sorry about the first post.

    Don't take a job and then follow the unconventional path to
    certification. If you already hold the degree, you ARE highly
    qualified, so apply to any job that fits your qualifications. If
    you are hired under a temporary certification and then follow
    the path to certification, the school can claim HQT, but you
    work year to year. You would be working at the whim of your
    super. If a RIF is needed, you are the first to go, no matter
    how many years experience or district time you have.