DODD Teachers
53 Members
Support Our Sponsors!

Start a new discussion...
First of all I just want to thank all of you who regularly respond to our questions on these message boards. DoDDS is exciting but can be a painfully confusing system at times and it's great to have veterans who are willing to take time out of their day to help people like me who are new to the system. Thanks so much!

I have a few somewhat unrelated questions about overseas living if anyone could assist me.

I heard from a friend in the military (not in DoDDS) that DoDDS teachers do not need to pay federal, state, or local taxes. I heard that we're only required to pay sales taxes for purchases made off base. Already DoDDS teachers have some of the best salaries in the country when accounting for housing allowances in addition to decent salaries, but having no taxes in addition to that seems almost too good to be true. What taxes are DoDDS teachers required to pay?

I'm also interested in what credit cards are best for overseas ...See More

Teacher Chatboards


Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language