KS Teachers
2 Members

Support Our Sponsors!

Start a new discussion...

I have a B.S. in Computer Information Systems from the
University of Southern Colorado. I am interested in
teaching H.S. I live in South East Kansas. What do I need
to do to get a job as a teacher? Do I have to get a second
degree in teaching? If you could give me as much
information as possible, that would be great.

Diane /blockquote>

I would probably call Pittsburg State University (since that
is probably the closest university to you) and see what they
tell you. You will have to get a teaching degree and you
probably need many education classes even though you have
another degree, and then will need to student teach. I am a
grad of ...See More
Oct 23, 2002
Nancy Hyde /blockquote>

I have a B.S. degree from THe Ohio State University in
Recreation Education. I am interested in either teaching
Physical Education or teaching elementary students any
subject. WHat do I need to do to get my teaching certificate
or do I need to just go back and get another undergraduate

T...See More
Oct 29, 2003
Andrea Council /blockquote>

You would probably need to have additional teaching classes
such as teacher's certification classes before you begin to
teach. After the certification classes you would then have to
take that States test(s) to be approved as a teacher.

Take care,
Andrea C.

On 10/23/02, Diane wrote:
> ...See More
May 6, 2008

Teacher Chatboards


Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language