Re: Counselor/AP Ceretified in TX with EdD Available

    Try teaching at the University of Memphis or the technical
    school and substituting. I know that substituting is awful,
    but it is a sure way to get in quick and also see which
    places you may want to be and those you do not. Also
    consider volunteering with some of the social service
    organizations in the community. I began as a professional
    counselor in West Memphis,Arkansas just across the river and
    Marion Schools are near by as well and easy to get there from
    the interstate. AFS could also use you and your expertise.
    See below.Where ever you are in the country AFS teams are wrapping up
    their hosting season and almost all have several fantastic
    students who still need placements in loving families who
    are willing to open up their hearts and homes. Why not
    make a difference this year and host an AFSer for the
    school year? They will be coming the second week in
    August, so do not hesitate to call 1-800-AFS-INFO,1-800-
    876-2377 and/or go to and fill out a Form
    A to host today. Many volunteer positions are available in
    this team besides being a host family. E-mail Becky Heywood
    for more details and specifics on volunteer opportunities.

    Dr. Barbara Y. Wills
    615-210-1552 cell

    On 7/08/07, Miriam wrote:
    > I just moved to Germantown and am looking for a position
    > as a counselor or an AP. I finsihed my doctorate in
    > leadership and have worked with special ed. I have applied
    > to Shelby county schools, was interviewed, but there are
    > no positions. Any suggestions?