Apr 7, 2016
I'm a grad student (education), my assignment for this
is to ask a kindergarten teacher question about their
retention practices. If you could be please take the time
to answers these questions, that would be wonderful.
1. How often have you retained children in kindergarten
during your career?
2. Has there been change in their philosophy/practice of
retaining children in kindergarten since starting
3. What criteria do you use in making the decision to
retain a child in kindergarten?
4. Who else is involved in the decision making?
5. What is done to ensure that children do not suffer a
loss of self-esteem or stigmatization by other children?