Literature
MEMBERS
3 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
Flipped By: Wendelin Van Draanen

Chapter 14: Julianna “The Basket Boys”

1)What did Darla have to say to Juli on the Monday after the dinner at Bryce’s? Summarize Juli’s response.

2)Describe the process for nominating a ‘Basket Boy’. How did the boys feel about the tradition of ‘Basket Boy’?

3)Why did Juli have a hard time choosing someone to be ‘Basket Boy’? What criteria did she decide to use when picking the boys?

4)What made Juli temporarily forget about the ‘Basket Boys’?

5)List 2 things that were causing Juli to feel confused and conflicted.

6)Describe what Mrs. Stueby insisted that Juli do.

7) Who confronted Juli at school, the morning of the auction? Describe what was said.

8)Summarize Juli’s confession to Darla.

9)What did Juli feel obliged to do?

10)Describe Juli’s feelings about her lunch with Jon Trulock.

11)List 2 emotions that Juli was f...See More
view previous comments
Terri My 7th graders really seemed to enjoy it and I would bet that your 8th graders would really enjoy it as well. It is fun and spunky, and contains experiences that many middle schoolers can really understand. I wish that I could use it this year, but I have several of the students that I had last year.

Enjoy!

On 11/24/08, Jenny wro...See More
Nov 24, 2008
Jenny Thank you, Terri! I'll ask them today how many have read it.

On 11/24/08, Terri wrote: > My 7th graders really seemed to enjoy it and I would bet that > your 8th graders would really enjoy it as well. It is fun and > spunky, and contains experiences that many middle schoolers can > really understand. I wish that I could use it...See More
Nov 25, 2008
Regina Terri- Thank you, Thank you for this awesome set of questions!!!! You are the BEST!

On 11/25/08, Jenny wrote: > Thank you, Terri! I'll ask them today how many have read it. > > On 11/24/08, Terri wrote: >> My 7th graders really seemed to enjoy it and I would bet that >> your 8th graders would really enjoy it as well. I...See More
Oct 26, 2009
Gina Hess All I can say is . . . WOW! Thanks so much, Terri! You saved me hours of work! Your questions are awesome! :)

On 10/26/09, Regina wrote: > Terri- Thank you, Thank you for this awesome set of questions!!!! > You are the BEST! > > > > On 11/25/08, Jenny wrote: >> Thank you, Terri! I'll ask them today how many have re...See More
May 14, 2011
Are the answers to the questions somewhere? On 5/14/11, Gina Hess wrote:
> All I can say is . . . WOW! Thanks so much, Terri! You
> saved me
hours
> of work! Your questions are awesome! :)
>
>
> On 10/26/09, Regina wrote:
>> Terri- Thank you, Thank you for this awesome set of
>> questions!!!! You are the BEST!
>>
&...See More


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language