OH Teachers
MEMBERS
3 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
Hello,

I am already a teacher. I teach elective classes, and I am low in seniority....and because there are only 2 of us in the department, and my coworker with seniority has only 5 years more than I do...I will remain low in seniority for most of my career.

In the past, student enrollment has been a concern for us....and if enrollment were to get low enough...my job would be the one on the line.

So...for my professional development, I am considering earning an additional teaching license. I already have a masters degree. I spoke with my administrators about this, and they encouraged it...saying that it would give me more job security, because if enrollment got low enough in our department, they could always give me a period or two teaching in the other area.

My administrator recommended getting a core license (and said Math and Science are always in high demand).

The problem with Math and Science is that I always had trouble with those cou...See More
CB Special Ed?

On 3/04/10, Already a teacher wrote: > Hello, > > I am already a teacher. I teach elective classes, and I am > low in seniority....and because there are only 2 of us in > the department, and my coworker with seniority has only 5 > years more than I do...I will remain low in seniority for > most of my career...See More
Mar 4, 2010
Math Teach I agree with the special ed part. Glad to see that you're not going to try and repeatedly take the Praxis 2 for Secondary Math, when you've "had trouble" with math.

As a math teacher who couldn't get a contract this year. I can only wish that my competition was well versed in math (I majored in it), and didn't choose math simply because it...See More
Mar 6, 2010
Already a Teacher I'm surprised that you are having problems finding a job in math. Surely you will get a job for this coming year? What region of Ohio are you looking?

On 3/06/10, Math Teach wrote: > I agree with the special ed part. Glad to see that you're not > going to try and repeatedly take the Praxis 2 for Secondary > Math, when you've "had ...See More
Mar 8, 2010
not a surprise I am not surprised. I am in the same boat. In NE Ohio it is all about who you know to get into these districts. Also, in this area, math is not a shortage area, there are plenty of unemployed math teachers.

On 3/08/10, Already a Teacher wrote: > I'm surprised that you are having problems finding a job in math. > Surely you will get a...See More
Mar 8, 2010
Current Math Opening I am not a math teacher, but I am certified to teach English / Language Arts. I was able to find a teaching position in West Virginia and not in Ohio. Ohio schools are in better shape than the one where I taught in WV. However, please feel free to read the link attached where the job openings such as Middle School Math is available for outside teac...See More
Mar 11, 2010


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language