TN Teachers
MEMBERS
2 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
Its impossible to get a teaching job unless you work in the inner cities or are related to the school board. Anyone that says they got the job and didn't know someone is crazy...Subbing, well people in our area aub for over five years only for positions to go to recent grads that are related to the school board!!! Stinks. i owe money to school loans with no job to pay them. I wish college would have prepared me for that one!!
Jamie Manor I know, I am licensed physical education teacher, and I got passed over this past fall by someone who is on an alternative II because they were buddies with the assistant athletic director at the school.

On 9/23/08, Me wrote: > Its impossible to get a teaching job unless you work in > the inner cities or are related to the school boa...See More
Feb 1, 2009
baffled and bemused Cronyism has taken place in hiring since the days of Plato and Socrates, nothing new there. Now you know why most of our public schools have a lamentable reputation. No one holds TN to a higher standard, the bar was permanently lowered decades ago. Why would you want to teach in TN anyway?

On 2/01/09, Jamie Manor wrote: > I know, I am l...See More
Feb 2, 2009
Dagbys On 2/02/09, baffled and bemused wrote: > Cronyism has taken place in hiring since the days of Plato and > Socrates, nothing new there. Now you know why most of our > public schools have a lamentable reputation. No one holds TN > to a higher standard, the bar was permanently lowered decades > ago. Why would you want to teach in TN any...See More
Feb 22, 2009
a viable alternative, cash! Staple a check for 5 hundred on the application with a promise for five more if you get the job. Nothing like greasing dem wheels, boy!

On 2/22/09, Dagbys wrote: > On 2/02/09, baffled and bemused wrote: >> Cronyism has taken place in hiring since the days of Plato and >> Socrates, nothing new there. Now you know why most of ...See More
Mar 22, 2009


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language